Questions to consider ...
- Is the topic you are researching potentially controversial? (external perspectives can be useful to answer this question)
- Is there a significant ethical or moral component?
- How will you identify potentially controversial implications of your research that may arise during a project?
- Are there trust or social acceptability issues for your research?
- What broader interactions do you need to develop capacity for responsible innovation?
- When will responsible innovation engagement be able to influence your research direction/trajectory?
Resources to Request
- As part of your proposal you should consider requesting resources to:
- Undertake appropriate training to develop an understanding of responsible innovation.
- Employ additional expertise to embed responsible innovation in your project. e.g., collaborators from the social sciences.
- Facilitate dialogue and engagement such as travel or meeting costs.
- Network with UK and international groups who are also working in similar areas to share best practice and develop a collaborative approach.